Tuesday, September 18, 2018

WZ, Song of the day

Song of the day:

“Desperados Under the Eaves”, 1975, Warren Zevon. In my youth I used to hang out at the record store reading the records like books in a library. One day I stumbled upon Warren Zevons first record. The back of the record catalogued all the songs and who played on them. It read like a who’s who of who I was listening to at the time. I was heavily into Southern California FM rock at the time. A few of the players included Jackson Browne, Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks, Glenn Frey and Don Henley, Bonnie Raitt. I had never heard of Zevon and they didnt play him on any of the radio stations I listened to. I saved my pennies and went back a few weeks later and bought this record. I have been a mega-fan ever since. I ran him unsuccessfully for Student body President of my high school. Here is another Artist with a few hundred great songs. I have chosen this one as enduring.  “And if California slides into the ocean , Like the mystics and statistics say it will , I predict this motel will be standing , Until I pay my bill”.

No comments: